Total de visualizações de página

quinta-feira, 23 de novembro de 2017

Archives of Evil Part 1 - One by One

As I said before:


I'm not a writer.



I'm just an avid reader who loves terror.

I lost count how many national collections I have already bought. I always liked what I read except for rare exceptions but I always kept my opinion for myself or my close friends.



But I had never felt so much like writing because of a book I had read-euzinha, a simple reader who never pretended to write anything that was more complex than a playlist or a shopping list.



The word is not well. Need. Need to speak, to write, to share with the wind all that I felt when I read the book. I know that my opinion is nothing before an ocean of readers, fans, critics, bloggers and other writers. Whatever! I have to get it out of my chest. I do not know if it's TPM (Pre-Matrimonial Tension) ... Whatever²! I'm going to write about Archives of Evil.



Another thing I wanted to make clear. Naum I personally know none of the authors of this collection ... maybe I have some on my Face, but I do not have any personal reasons to base what I'm writing here. OK?

Do not take my opinion soooo seriously ... you must have a lot of followers in the url, face, snapchat and others ... and I'm just a weird one who got into a story by story. Closed?



I found this book by divine chance. I saw that they were going to launch a collection of these of shivering there I followed. When she left ... You know when you have money left in your wallet and you come across a book that seems to call you. That was it. The cover is too beautiful. And despite not liking Sampa - I changed my mind when I entered the facul - what I read from the book captivated me.







Through the dark streets of a city that never sleeps, something walks invisible. In the historical places that make up a metropolis, something hides restlessly. Behind the dimly lit windows of known buildings, something - or someone - observes.

Between stories and cases, the spirits and demons travel through the avenues of São Paulo, along with the passers-by, mixing with the living. Their stories, terrible, linger and travel in the murmur of the night and force the city to never forget who they were, or perhaps of who they still are: only lost souls, tortured by hell, having the tourist map of a stone jungle as unique where they used to go.
When terror and madness mingle with reality, only the archives of the dark stories can reveal to the world the facts as they occurred, not as they were imagined. An investigation that seeks answers, but which in the end will come to an astonishing conclusion: whether in an old theater, in an old cemetery or in a square that once stood the stage of executions, evil exists, and lies in wait for anyone that dares defy it.


The tale was organized by Glau Kemp and Soraya Abuchaim, two powerful ladies of national horror.


The tale already begins with the preface of the great. And that's where I've been. When I finished reading, I had that impression ... do you know which one? No? That ... I've heard it somewhere. I do not know if it was on purpose or a coincidence. But I think it was just my impression ...


And hey, I do not read prefaces ....



There begins the book. And it starts well.


The person in charge of IPAP has little time to solve the cases that his team investigates and still has to deal with the son possessed.

Really enjoyed. Glau Kemp managed to bother with her story. Like, the tale is over the top total ...

But then ...


Peek by Evil - Evelyn Santana

Set Decoration by Joelma


A coroner investigates crimes that make fun of her head and ends up being persecuted by an evil being, probably the cause of these deaths ... the idea is not bad. The problem in this is that the author tried to put a plot twist of those typical of M. Night Shyaliman ... only ... Let me explain. The protagonist - the coroner - was actually a scrotum that caused the death of an "innocent" friend ... in the same way, all those who were killed by that entity were bad people.


When I read the flashback that shows Barbara committing the crime, my reaction was ... yes, so what? Like, she was not the young lady, did not arouse any kind of sympathy, was a shallow character like a beer cap filled with water ...


Not to mention you have even scenes that look hot in this bag. I stopped and went to see the cover to see if I had not picked up the wrong book.


I went to read the author's biography. I was going to take it lightly because I thought she was a beginner writer ... but the author is 23 years old and published her first book at 16 ... What? Is that right, production? This whole time on the road and has not advanced ... is doing something wrong, crumb ...


I took a deep breath ... many anthologies sometimes leave the best finale. I decided to make my 40 reais invested and read it again.


The Man of Squatting - Marcelo Milici

Set Decoration by Joelma


A boy makes an appointment with a girl over the internet. she enjoys these supernatural stops, he does not, but she hopes the ride ends with at least a few kisses. It does not end.


I still do not know if the author was trying to be funny, but some parts left me with that impression. So he tried to talk about a trip to Joelma with dire consequences, but also put a situation where such a haunting man of cocoras appears in a dream (?!) for the protagonist.



Another thing. Characters inconsistent and with reactions in the least comics. The girl wants to know the haunted place and when she sees ghosts she keeps shouting and pointing. The boy is the most shrewd guy in São Paulo, he tries to escape the situations involving ghosts but in the middle of the story he says that he was watching a video on youtube that talked about a haunting ... He decides!






To seal it up: this author has already published a book and specializes in Gothic horror ... what do you mean? Hi? Was he too lazy to write here?




Isopor Ceiling - Renata Maggesi

Set Decoration by Joelma


Here it began to improve. The author's idea was a good one, but it was somewhat fixed on one point: The haunting was concerned with messing up files of a newly hired secretary. Plus the picture of the Styrofoam ceiling burned was very good.


In fact, this is a point I think, as a reader, that has weakened the plot. First person narration. I think the result would be much better if it was in third. Why do I think so? Well, long before the big revelation, the plot twist worthy of Shyaliman 2, you can see the two characters that interacted with the protagonist were ... spirits ...



Renata Maggesi has the potential to be a whore for a writer. This was her first tale. I'll love to read more of her stuff.




Pano Doll - Wel Almeida

Set Decoration by Joelma


I think in the wake of Anabelle, this one tried to evoke the fear of dolls. Did not work.



It starts with an ill-defined character who already dies. Then a researcher from the occult gets involved and ... It did not work. He did not create tension or fear.



When you have a story and spend more than a page talking about a character do not kill the poor bastard just because you think you're going to be all right. If you do, introduce another protagonist to the message, not an old woman complaining and scared.



This one still has a plus-bad: the story ends with the fragment of a "report" that seems to have been written by a 6-year-old boy pretending to be a reporter ...



Well, I saw it was your first post. Congratulations. But do it better, man.




Thirteen Souls - A.C. Nunes

Set Decoration by Joelma


This one has a cool idea. A police investigator deals with various crimes that occurred in Joelma's elevator.



Nunes could have done a better job of researching the police hierarchy. So he would not be calling the guy who assists the investigator of "subaltern" all the time. Subaltern is a generic term used to indicate people who occupy a hierarchically inferior position ... the sergeant is subordinate of the lieutenant ... the colonel is subordinate of the general ... the corporal is subaltern of the sergeant ... the investigator is subaltern of the delegate ... and so on.



Another point: second story in which a character meets someone who, in fact, was a ghost .... búuuuuu ..... is already starting to get repetitive.



Speaking of repetitive ... This is the fifth story in Joelma ... I hope it does not take long to change scenery ...




Prima Donna - C.B. Kaihatsu


When an author wants to tell a non-linear story, he has to have a lot of technique or the reader gets lost. I got lost and I'm used to reading stories like that. The author has alternated present and past - and even future - to tell a story of revenge.


Many characters, a chief researcher who does not look like a real person ... punches the table when she's excited about the investigation ... she looks like a Mexican novel character. Another bad thing was the change in motivation. One hour the investigator is very committed to prove the existence of such a haunting / curse and to clear the name of the father who died discredited to risk the life of people. Then someone says "but it's dangerous" and she changes her mind. Just like that!


Sex and Viscera - Bruno Godoi


This one stands out. The narration is so irregular that if I am told that Godoi has written some very loko parts of it, I will not be surprised. But................................................. .......................................



A vigilante / security guard has a night of hells reminiscent of his past and faced monsters in the present. The author even fared better in alternating present and past, but the narrator did not convince. Plot Twist Shmalyanianiano this one: she was crazy and the monsters were people she killed. You can not even swallow Nuttella.

The idea of ​​the opera Blood and Vísceras, that would be based on the Mask of the Red Death of the great Poe, would give a more interesting tale ... Pena that in the end was only a name used to call attention. Shame on you!


Sorry baby. I saw your picture and you're a cat, but this tale deserves the Talita Rebouças of Terror trophy. I've read others yours, but terror is not your forte.


Lost Souls - Joseph David

Another story sore revenge beyond the grave.

Another bomb.

A stretch for you to understand

"a sound of a wolf was heard, the same noise as the animal was frightened when a black figure approached the woman and shot a right shot at her heart."

Now it says ... fault of the review or the author? So far I do not understand this stretch.

Other:

"In the middle of a press conference the couple reveals the true story of the actress, but they end up being silked, since the words written in the diary magically disappeared ..."

Zoos. Zoos. Zoos? ... Zoados. ZOADOS? ZOADOS? ZOADOS? ZOAAAADOSS !!!!!!!!!!!

(goofin around)



I'll stop here. But I'll come back with more next time.

And I'll start with the first good tale I found in this bag.

So good that he deserved Palmas, deserved Tocantins.


Conheça a versão em português!

https://esseslivrosmaravilhosos.blogspot.com.br

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário